A Pharmaceutical Company is searching for a: Global Logistics Procurement Manager
The Global Logistics Procurement (GLP) 4PL Transition Manager will be responsible for leading the contract strategy, negotiations, and implementation to onboard approximately 100 local transportation suppliers around the world to Project Lighthouse (LH), clients next-generation Global Control Tower.
• Responsible for the contracting and onboarding for approx. 100 local carriers and work with and through the stakeholder community meeting LH go-live dates.
• Execute the strategy and communicate the plan with key stakeholders within the business partners, and drive implementation with LH Core team in delivering the maximum value for client
• Manage supplier escalation and interface directly with CEO’s and other supplier leadership to assure alignment of LH objectives are met, including quality, reliability, innovation, and cost.
• Streamline the process for LH onboarding and contract negotiations to add LH requirements.
• Minimize any rate impact during negotiations with good awareness of air, ocean, and road freight market dynamics.
• Understands operational considerations for suppliers to provide shipment visibility (i.e., via EDI) and to invoice details to LH.
• Identifies business demand requirements and partners with Business Engagement Leads (BELs) to deliver value improvements and drives competitive advantage.
• Understand LH long-range requirements of the business partners and engage in strategic planning and partnering to ensure alignment
• Education: MBA or Equivalent
• Experienced professional with business experience in multiple roles across a variety of functional specialties including general management, R&D, Marketing, Supply Chain or a Technical field with at least 5 years within a Procurement environment
• Strong level of proficiency with core Procurement skills (e.g., Contract negotiations, supplier relationship management, Procurement Excellence, etc.)
• Ability to influence and understand differing needs of stakeholders (e.g., businesses, Procurement LT, Marketing, R&D, Supply Chain)
• Demonstrated project management experience
• Managing suppliers and stakeholders in global setting
• 3 Years of People Management Experience
• Broad-based understanding of business operations and practices and core Procurement areas of focus (Contract negotiation and Supplier Management).
• Leadership, communication, influencing, collaboration with international stakeholders skills are required
• Able to prioritize requests and propose effective cost/customer service alternatives when necessary.
• Ability to show judgment in developing new approaches and resolving issues
• Customer Orientation (building and maintaining strong relationships with client's Management
• Business Acumen
• Strong verbal and written communication skills
• Ability to think and act independently
• Intellectual Curiosity
• Fluent in English, other languages a plus
Michael Bailey International is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.