For a client of ours in the Telco industry we are looking for a Senior Solution/Infra Architect.
We are currently looking for an individual with 8+ years of experience as an Architect. We are looking for someone that can hold a supervisory and advisory role. Someone who has a highly specific skillset and/or technical training. For this role are advanced educational credentials required.
You will be responsible for architecture and design, for IP Core networks, and services deployed on these. That meet the program / project scope and business requirements. Act as a technical lead during Core network project life cycle. Define and Document roadmaps for this domain.
Education/Experience: Bachelor's Degree in IT or other technical studies; experience in solution/infrastructure architecture; experience in software development and/or software design
Skills and Competencies:
* Thorough knowledge of IGPs, MPLS, VPNs, IPv4/v6 migration techniques, BGP, Policy languages, network design and implementation; CCIE/JNCIE certification or equivalent.
* Background in large scale network implementations.
* Service Provider network experience is a major plus.
* Strong programming skills in Python.
* Experience with configuration management and orchestration tools like Ansible, NAPALM, Cisco NSO/Tail-F. Experience working with REST APIs, versioning control tools as SVN/GIT. JSON, XML, YAML, and other data interchange formats.
* Strong knowledge of security standards, rules and regulations. Fluency in English both oral and written.
Major Job Duties and Responsibilities:
* Architecture and Design of multiservice core and aggregation IP networks and service deployed on these,
both extensions of current activities and greenfield deployments
* Gather business requirements and translate these into solutions
* Create and maintain network design guidelines, to provide a uniform framework to build services upon.
* Produce documentation for the engineering teams to build the solutions
* Use code to model the aspects of LAN/WAN network, and provide the right level of abstraction, to drive
the right decisions in architectures
* Work with Operational / Engineering and implementation Teams and propose new ideas of automation
and be part of initiation of the coding.
* Develop architectures for first-of type deployment of new IP core technologies.
* Drive POCs and participate in type-approval testing of new solutions of IP core technologies
Michael Bailey International is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.