One of my clients within the pharmaceutical market based in the UK is looking to hire a Graduate Research Scientist to join the Protein Structure and Biophysics department!
- Responsible for expressing and purifying high-quality recombinant protein reagents to support the company's novel world-leading antibody and drug discovery platforms
- Keep up to date with literature and public databases and demonstrate scientific knowledge in the design and execution of value-adding experiments
- Responsible for clearly presenting work and engaging in discussion in a variety of cross-functional and external collaborator meetings
- Practical experience/competency in all or some of the following would be advantageous
- Molecular Biology (DNA manipulation using restriction enzymes and point mutagenesis and use of VNTI and/or other DNA analysis software)
- Protein Expression in E. Coli and Mammalian cell systems
- Protein Analysis (SDS PAGE, HPLC, ELISA and Western blotting)
Michael Bailey International is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.