Job Title: Material Engineer
The person will support a service unit within the client which supports all the different business lines with material related issues (development, analysis of non-conformity and failures in the production phase) as well as with investigations with external complaints.
• Planning, coordination and implementation of material-related investigations and analyzes
• Influence on the required material and product quality, especially in the area of raw materials and manufacturing processes.
• Commissioning, coordination and interpretation of investigations in internal and external laboratories in the field of material and defect analysis and preparation of reports and rationales
• Cooperation with other clients sites regarding investigations for development departments and production
• Technical support for other departments in material selection and processing
• Creation of new work instructions and material specifications in cooperation with the USA Team
• Master’s (FH or university) with a focus on materials science / materials science or materials technician / metallograph with corresponding experience and further training
• At least 5 years experience in industry or laboratory with a focus metallic materials / surface technology (alternatively young graduate to be trained and formed)
• Work experience in medical technology or in error analysis is an advantage
• Enjoy solving and documenting complex issues within a wide range of materials
• German and English: fluent written and spoken
• Organizational skills, initiative, communication skills
• Willingness to take responsibility, reliability, customer orientation
Michael Bailey International is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.