We are currently looking for a Network Consultant/ Architect (m/f/d)
Projects are designed to transform the traditional network into a future-proof and performant environment comprising the WAN, SD-WAN, LAN (wired and wireless), Local Internet Breakouts & modern monitoring and automated incident processes.The focus is to transform the aging network infrastructure into modern technologies and services supporting the client’s Cloud strategy
Tasks (performed independently):
• Evaluate requirements and consumption of different business units (workshops with business) that will be conducted by the PM
•Advise client based on the evaluation and the information from the workshops
•Analyze the business requirements and identify gaps. Consult accordingly & create documentation with the results and proposed solutions in order to present internally
•Implement key changes to improve the user’s experience of connectivity in the areas of WAN,SD-WAN,LAN ,Cloud networking (ER)
•Implement key changes to the clients ZScaler
•Steer implementation of the above mentioned key changes by tracking activities and measures assigned to vendors (goal is to improve network routing,diagnosis and resolution of issues causing IT incidents). Check if documented changes by the 3rd party supplier are aligned with connectivity Strategy and do the required technical changes;if errors or missing changes appear, consult the supplier
•Consult vendors to implement the identified improvements and project results and implement the solutions
•Consult 3rd parties to analyse/improve network routing & regarding the diagnosis and resolution of incidents
• Consult stakeholders which have several dependencies on other infrastructure components and applications
•Monitor the client’s network using the internal Network Monitoring System. Register any problem &inform the Team, if not raised yet. Advise about measures to improve the performance. IT partner DTBS will conduct the implementation
•Define the Connectivity Change Roadmap (potential change/improvement milestones) for different services
•Steer IT partners (DTBS, DXC and Microsoft) and Network Architects to implement the Connectivity Change Roadmap (incl. SD-WAN adoption)
• Network architecture incl: LAN, WAN, Cisco, IP, MPLS, OSPF, BGP, Firewalls & Peer P2P networks, within service provider environment/enterprise network
• Juniper switches, Cisco routers, Checkpoint firewalls,
Fortigate and Proof of concept type work.
• Expertise in Datacentre and Azure networking
• DNS & AD skills
• Strong route & deep Azure networking cloud skills
• Netscout, Solarwinds and Wireshark with good network analytical skills
• Advanced analytical /conceptual skills.
• 2nd line support skills (major IT incidents)
• Very strong communication skills.
• Willing to regularly travel nationally and internationally- key requirement of the role
• Sr networking experience
• Think “cloud” first
• 3rd party Management
Michael Bailey International is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.