The Lead Architect works with business projects, planners and designers to take an early view of how they can best use IT to deliver business change and achieve Departmental objectives, whilst supporting the architectural design and development of individual IT based projects.
The Lead Architect uses IT experience and in-depth understanding of application design & development and some knowledge of tooling, methods, integration, infrastructure, data and security to design solutions.
The candidate will:
* Design complex software environments
* Ensure system architectures are robust, scalable, open and secure
* Solve complex technical problems
* Organise and perform prototyping and proof of technology concepts
* Evaluate technical proposals from external suppliers
The main responsibilities of the post are to:
* Provide hands-on technical leadership, in the development, operation and ongoing improvement of complex digital services
* Evaluate technical proposals from external suppliers and make implementation recommendations to senior stakeholders
* Undertake the rapid development of user-driven prototypes to identify technical options
* Work with external suppliers to ensure that their system architectures are robust, scalable, open and secure
* Work cross-Government to inform and ensure system and service integration and alignment.
* Assures projects from a senior developer/ architect perspective.
* Challenging and advising on programming, design and architecture methods to be used.
* Design and contribute to the technical solution in a project by doing the following:
* Translate Business requirements into IT solutions and migration roadmaps
* Clearly document realisable Solution Architectures
* Ensure projects are compliant with strategy and architecture
* Assess and communicate the value of the Architecture
* Prioritisation, planning and scoping of work around architectural issues
* Capable of leading value for money challenges of technical proposals and manage technical interdependencies with in a project
Essential Skills and Experience:
* Proven track record of organising and performing prototyping and proof of concepts
* Proven track record of designing and implementing scalable and robust approaches to caching, security and databases (including relational, e.g. MySQL, PostgreSQL, and “NoSQL”, e.g. Cassandra, MongoDB)
* Experience with a web programming framework such as Django, Ruby on Rails, Scala / Play etc
* Demonstrable track record of successfully taking an evolutionary architecture approach to software architecture.
Please apply should you meet the above criteria
Michael Bailey International is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.