* Dev Ops & Prod Ops best practises commensurate with the build, maintenance and management of high volume transactional web sites and webs services.
* Application deployment strategies and continuous integration across multiple environments and releases using a micro-service architecture.
* Building and configuring new server platforms and the automated tooling to optimise this process.
* Configuration management tools like Puppet, Ansible.
* Containerisation - Docker, Kubernetes
* Testing infrastructure code
* Operational management of Linux servers, delivering a complex web application stack with strong expertise in virtualisation.
* Testing, debugging and troubleshooting of platform level problems.
* Administration and build of RDBMS and NoSQL database technologies (e.g MongodB, MySQL).
* Networking concepts, technologies, and protocols (TCP/IP, IPSec, HTTP, SSL, FTP, DHCP, and DNS).
* Installation, configuration and management of open source monitoring tools.
* Deploying and configuring virtual machines in a hosted environment.
* 3rd Line technical support to Production Operations
* Ideally the candidate will have been the lead Dev Ops, working on a major project or programme with experience in defining Dev Ops architectures, target operating models and providing thought leadership to other Dev Ops team members.
* You will have significant demonstrable experience of configuring web, application and database infrastructure in a fast moving development environment.
* Previous experience in building and supporting high volume, public, transactional production platforms and sophisticated automated Dev Ops environments is essential.
* A strong technical foundation in build, release and environment management.
* Passion for and ability to design and support robust build, deployment and configuration management systems for multi-tier Java applications.
* Good experience with continuous integration tools (Jenkins, Travis-CI, Go).
* Scripting and object oriented programming skills.
* Experience with automated testing tools relevant to infrastructure integrity.
* Experience in configuring and managing Linux servers for serving a dynamic website.
* Experience in debugging a complex multi-server service based on a micro-service architecture.
* An understanding of common web application architectures and design patterns.
* Good experience in network protocols and their appropriate use.
Michael Bailey International is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.