For one of the biggest E-commerce companies worldwide we are looking for a Site Reliability Engineer. This is a contract role of 6 months with option to extend. Location Amsterdam.
About the Team
As SREs we combine software and system engineering to ensure our services run smoothly.
You may be part of few projects partnering with product development for the whole lifecycle with different levels of engagement.
We spend most of our time building operational tooling, automating operational workflows, performing architecture and design reviews, investigating system failures and complex outages, improving our monitoring infrastructure, and defining service level objectives.
* You know how to build robust, fault-tolerant and highly scalable Web Services that support our global growth.
* Write, review and ship software to improve the availability, scalability, latency, and efficiency of our services.
* Engage in service capacity planning and demand forecasting, software performance analysis and system tuning.
* Actively contribute to create autonomy within product teams throughout tools and frameworks.
* Share on-call rotations based on the rules of engagement negotiated with Product Development.
* Engineering degree or equivalent work experience
* Strong hands-on experience with infrastructure automation tools and orchestrators (the whole Hashicorp stack, SaltStack, etc.)
* Strong expertise with monitoring frameworks (Grafana, Kibana, Prometheus)
* You feel ownership over everything you ship. You pride yourself on efficient monitoring and strong documentation.
* You are good on your own, but shine in a team.
* Working knowledge of the TCP/IP stack, internet routing and load balancing.
* Expertise in designing, analyzing and troubleshooting large-scale distributed systems.
* Expertise with Cassandra Kafka and Elasticsearch
* Deep network analysis experience a plus.
* Strong Linux system-level analysis capabilities.
* Knowledge of Hadoop, administration, and performance tuning.
* Systematic problem solving approach, coupled with a strong sense of ownership and drive.
* Demonstrated skill and passion for operational excellence.
Are you ready for your next big challenge?
Michael Bailey International is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.