We have an exciting new opportunity for a motivated Antibacterial/Microbiology Scientist to join an exciting new research department to spearhead R&D in Antibacterial Drugs.
* Develop strategies for the discovery of innovative antibacterial drugs and to identify and characterize novel antibacterial agents.
* Design, plan and conduct your experimental work independently as well as taking the responsibility as project champion in discovery programs from initiation of the program to commencement of Phase I studies as well as acting as the representative for preclinical pharmacology in development project teams
* Provide scientific input for the initiation of new drug discovery programs on the basis of commercial and scientific opportunities
* Optimize hits to development candidates in a timely, scientifically sound and business oriented manner in close collaboration with other disciplines such as chemistry and pharmacokinetics as well as external partners and CROs
* Guide, motivate and develop an interdisciplinary drug discovery team (including external corporate partners) in lead structure optimization
* PhD in microbiology, biochemistry, molecular biology, human biology or related field
* 5 years + of experience in antibacterial drug discovery in major pharma or biotech or respective academic environment
* Deep knowledge of the whole antibacterial drug discovery and development process and business (including antibacterial classes, drug discovery strategies, requirements of successful antibiotics, competitor landscape, medical need and commercial opportunities)
* Expertise in the physiology, metabolism, genetics, virulence and resistance development of bacterial pathogens
* Good experimental knowledge of a broad range of in vitro and in vivo methodologies for antibacterial drug evaluation
* Strong background in antibiotics and in pathogenic bacteria (especially Gram-negatives but also Gram-positives).
* Good understanding of pharmacology, PK/PD, ADME, and safety/toxicology and clinical microbiology
* Scientific experience in designing and supervising experiments performed by a team of technical assistants; experience in preparing scientific reports
* Ability to think strategically about projects, business issues and to develop a vision for the therapeutic area
* Excellent English (oral and written), German (advantageous but not a primary requirement)
Kontakt: Luchele Mendes +41 44 215 20 51
Michael Bailey International is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.