IT Engineering drives business value through providing world class technical, functional and consulting expertise to deliver the right skills, at the right time, in the right place. In IT Engineering you will have opportunities to work on dynamic and impactful IT projects, programmes and products across the value chain of Shell. We are the home of technical talent where you can grow your career, develop leading edge skills and deepen your business knowledge.
Comprising of six capability centres, we bring together natural sets of skills at scale, providing our internal customers with size and depth in terms of business and platform knowledge. Our communities of practice provide access to expertise and learning, where your skills and passion for innovation and excellence will thrive. This is a unique and exciting opportunity to head up the Resource Management team to and drive effective resource management processes and practices on a global scale.
The Enterprise Resource Management (ERM) function within IT Engineering, is responsible for allocation of resources across IT Engineering as well as own the processes and functional excellence across Shell IT. This function collaborates across various Lines Of Business, Contract and Procurement, Strategy and Planning, Project and Program Management, Capability center leads, to drive effective resource management processes and practices. A fundamental pillar to this having the right information available, analytics to drive insights and using a systems approach to connect various systems to formulate an integrated view of data which will enable decision making across various levels of management and leadership.
Your role is to
* Manage resource demand matching and allocation for the capability centers ranging up to 1000 resources (staff and contractors) across different hubs, cross resource groups, across all Lines of Business
* Manage release of resources from assignments
* Manage escalations for respective groups within the CC in case of resource allocation issues (e.g. over allocation, under allocation, replacing resources, extension of resources, etc.)
* Provide reports and insights for CC LTs using reports from ServiceNow and PowerBI around Resource Management (including skills & capabilities, Sourcing and Workforce Plan) - trend reports, demand vs supply,
* Drive continuous improvement of the resource management process for Project Delivery, and drives quality, availability, and consistency across the resource management data
* Work and align with CC Managers and leads around (new) staff capabilities to be incorporated in SN
* Work and aligns with demand owners (e.g. IT Manager, Product Manager, Portfolio Manager, Project Manager) to propose resources for allocation based on CC Manager agreed matching proposal
* Work with IT Sourcing team to source contractors (from request to contract set up)
* Support CCs in aligned recruitment across the CCs, across hubs
* Support and work with the IT Resource Management Team members to drive governance, Continous Improvements, and other initiatives taken up in the Enterprise Resource Management Function.
* The IT Resource Manager handles up to 1000 FTEs per year o Cross all four
* IT Hubs (NL, UK, IN, US)
* Across all IT LoBs (DS, UP, IG & NE, GF, PT)
* Across Capability Centres (Design Engineering, Software Engineering, Information, Data and analytics, Project- and Programme Management, ERP, Change Management)
Skills & Requirements
* Resource Management Processes
* Reporting and analytics of resource data
* Understanding of the disciplines and roles in IT Projects and Services
* Project and Programme Management
* Team leadership
* Planning and organisation
* Stakeholder Management
* Learning agility
* This role requires working across different hubs, IT LoBs, CCs in a multi-sourcing environment, generally virtually.
* Excellent communication skills are a must.
* Proven stakeholder and relationship management skills are key for success in this role.
* Previous experience of managing resourcing and talent planning service is a plus.
* Specific experience and expertise in managing a diverse workforce strategy is a plus.
* A track record of developing focused resourcing and talent strategies and solutions across diverse workforce models is a plus.
* Be delivery focused and able to deliver in a maturing business model; support and participate in developing effective solutions where broader frameworks might not be in place or be under development.
* Good understanding of the IT function is a plus
* Experience in engaging with external suppliers is a plus.
Michael Bailey International is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.