Our client, a Global Swiss Pharmaceutical company based in Basel, who is currently on an exciting growth curve are seeking a BPA/Financial Analyst (Fin Ops Specialist) for their Basel site on an urgent basis for an initial 9 months with a strong likelihood for extension. The workload will be 80%.
Key responsibilities will include:
• Provide high quality services with a clear focus on the customer. Strive to achieve superior customer satisfaction
• SPOC for defined representation offices/countries, providing support for all Finance matters and liaise with relevant functions like Export Operations, Credit Management and Supply Chain Management.
• Manage day-to-day activities for allocated countries:
• Sales recognition, assessment and validation of the provisions for sales reductions vs. the agreed contractual terms and follow up.
• Ensure customer accounts and statements are correct, credit and debit memos are promptly issued, disputes are promptly resolved & payments from and to customers are promptly and accurately posted.
• Commercial contract review.
• Resolve general accounting and reporting issues and disputes or coordinate with various departments and escalate with Head Finance Operations as required.
• Coordination of accounting and reporting activities with Rep Offices and Financial Service Centre (FSC). Provision of timely and seamless service.
• Manage balance sheet reconciliations of allocated accounts and ensure timely resolution and clean-up of identified overdue items.
• Support the closing process in various aspects.
• Drive together with Head of Fin Ops the monthly review of the local Balance Sheets and account reconciliations, ensure follow up issues are addressed timely.
• Contribute in projects for further improvement in accounting and reporting. Perform change management and update project documentation and respective SOPs. Ensure knowledge transfer within the team.
The successful incumbent will possess:
• 3-5 years of working experience in Finance
• Relevant accounting experience
• MS Excel advanced user
• Hands on FRA experience (AR, BS review, reporting)
• SAP R/3 (FI/CO) knowledge
• Fluent in English, another language is an advantage
Michael Bailey International is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.