For Shell we are looking for a Business Analyst Power BI (reporting)
Location: Working from home
Duration: 3 months + possible extensions
The digital transformation strategy of Shell requires an increasingly flexible, agile and secure IT environment in order to enable best use of data, cloud services, personalization of user experience and connectivity of devices. Keeping their business goals and user experience in the forefront, Shell IT has taken the decision to insource or directly procure a number of connectivity services. By taking greater control over key aspects of connectivity they can provide their users with better user experience, speed and agility, while maintaining operational effectiveness and efficiency. As a result, they are building a partially insourced and multi-vendor ecosystem for their connectivity products and services and will be developing new skills and capabilities.
Job Purpose & Accountabilities
The IT Business Analyst is responsible for analysing the infrastructure reporting requirements for service level management, performance and availability. The Business Analyst will work with the report development teams to build, test and implement these reports. The reporting data will be pulled from Service Now and Solarwinds into a data-lake from which Power BI reports need to be created. Complicated reports from current service provider are available and will serve as examples to be replicated within Shell’s reporting ecosystem.
* Years of job experience: 5-8 Minimum 2-4 years IT BA experience
* Expertise in specific BA techniques, tools or business areas, proficient in the majority of the BA knowledge areas.
* Expertise in specific BA techniques, tools or business areas. Proficient in the majority of the PBA Domains.
* Understands political dynamics that may affect solution.
* . Has a comprehensive knowledge of the technical specialism of IT Business Analysis. Takes a systematic and analytical approach to problem solving and pays close attention to detail.
* Able to act as a focal point for a specialized area (technical or business); able to lead teams while managing multiple competing priorities.
* Demonstrates a concern and aptitude for considering the users perspective in IT development. and has a deep understanding of user aspects of interactive systems.
* Has a comprehensive understanding of business process improvement, benefit and risk management.
Professional skills: -
AGILE Scrum (desirable)
Preferred Technical skills:-
Shell Tooling experience (desirable)
Michael Bailey International is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.