We are currently looking for an implementation Consultant of API interfaces (m/f/d) for our FMCG client
Volume:20 hrs / week
Language: English; German (nice-to-have)
The service is requested as part of the project Remap. The project has the purpose of redesigning and implementing a state of the art application to exchange technical compliance information/data with customers of Adhesives Technologies that integrates into overall compliance management system with upstream & downstream business partners.
The background of the engagement of an external consultant is that he/she has appropriate and required skills and capabilities that are not available internally. In addition, the external consultant will provide services that are clearly distinguishable from the services internal employees are providing.
The project is working in an agile methodology
Tasks (independently performed by the external contractor):
- Technical consultation for interface architecture and solution design using standard integration frameworks (SAP ISAM) with a high focus on API-led integration based on business requirements collected or available in project management tool (the client’s Change Request (CR) tool, project’s digital board)
- Creation and technical designs for each interface based on API, integration, and other clients' architecture & process principles as a result of previous technical consultation & solution design
- Participation in 10 - 15 workshops and project meetings with business to collect and refine business requirements, discuss solution design with relevant project stakeholders before implementation
- Independent implementation (development) of APIs and other means of integration (see below) with SAP Integration Suite (formerly SAP Cloud Platform Integration) and SAP API Management including implementation of API traffic & security management policies
i. Available means of integration include SFTP, OData, REST, JSON, Pub-Sub architectures, event-based integration
- Testing of implemented interfaces including:
i. coordination of user acceptance testing, including organizing and following up on the execution
ii. bug fixes resulting of such tests
iii. documentation of successful closure of test cases
- Providing one to two knowledge transfers sessions virtually to train the maintenance operations team after key milestones and at the project’s end
The performance of the contractor has the goal to independently implement interface/integration solutions from end to end which will be documented in CRs, as user stories or other agile work items on the project management tool of choice corresponding to the assigned project.
- Deep Experience in interface architecture
- Very good understanding of integration frameworks (SAP ISAM )
- Very good API experience (incl. API traffic & security management policies)
- Experience with SAP Integration Suite (SAP Cloud Platform Integration)
- Agile project experience
- Knowledge of SFTP, OData, REST, JSON
Michael Bailey International is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.